Which classes will you use while working with Hibernate?
Java classes whose objects or instances will be stored in database tables are called persistent classes in Hibernate. Hibernate works best if these classes follow some simple rules, also known as the Plain Old Java Object (POJO) programming model. All Java classes that will be persisted need a default constructor.
Which tasks can be handled by current package of hibernate?
It is a powerful, high performance Object-Relational Persistence and Query service for any Java Application. Hibernate maps Java classes to database tables and from Java data types to SQL data types and relieve the developer from 95% of common data persistence related programming tasks.
Is Hibernate session thread safe?
No, Session is not a thread-safe object, many threads can access it simultaneously. In other words, you can share it between threads.
What are best practices to follow with Hibernate framework?
Using Hibernate Frameworks: What Are the Best Practices?
- Persistent classes should Implement hashCode() and equals()
- Avoid using references to the ID in the persistent class’ method equals()
- Never use array to map a collection.
- Avoid public/protected setter for the generated identifier field.
Does Hibernate support polymorphism?
Ans :Yes ,Hibernate support polymorphism. Polymorphism queries and association is supported through mapping strategies.
What are the advantages of Hibernate?
Advantages of Hibernate Framework
- 1) Open Source and Lightweight. Hibernate framework is open source under the LGPL license and lightweight.
- 2) Fast Performance.
- 3) Database Independent Query.
- 4) Automatic Table Creation.
- 5) Simplifies Complex Join.
- 6) Provides Query Statistics and Database Status.
Can Hibernate session have multiple transactions?
A hibernate session is more or less a database connection and a cache for database objects. And you can have multiple successive transactions in a single database connection. More, when you use a connection pool, the connection is not closed but is recycled.
What is isolation level in Hibernate?
The isolation determines the visibility of changes made by one transaction for another transactions. So, for example, it helps to specify when (before transaction’s commit, only after that) one transaction should see the data changes made by another transaction.
What are the Hibernate interview questions?
Hibernate Interview Questions For Freshers
- What is ORM in Hibernate?
- What are the advantages of Hibernate over JDBC?
- What are some of the important interfaces of Hibernate framework?
- What is a Session in Hibernate?
- What is a SessionFactory?
- What do you think about the statement – “session being a thread-safe object”?
How many strategies are there in hibernate inheritance?
Hibernate supports the three basic inheritance mapping strategies: table per class hierarchy. table per subclass.
What are the different fetching ways in hibernate?
Different Fetch modes supported by Hibernate
- 1) FetchMode JOIN.
- 2) FetchMode SELECT(default)
- 3) FetchMode SELECT with Batch Size.
- 4) FetchMode SUBSELECT.
- Code to define the fetching strategy.
- FetchMode JOIN.
- FetchMode SELECT(default)
- FetchMode SELECT with Batch Size.
Why do we ask hibernate interview questions?
Hibernate interview questions are asked to the students because it is a widely used ORM tool. The important list of top 20 hibernate interview questions and answers for freshers and professionals are given below.
Are itit interviews difficult?
IT Interviews can be difficult – especially Hibernate interviews where technical questions seem to be the order of the day. These interviews are designed to test your knowledge and gauge your familiarity on the subject.
What are the interfaces of hibernate?
Hibernate architecture comprises of many interfaces such as Configuration, SessionFactory, Session, Transaction, etc. more details… 4) What are the core interfaces of Hibernate?
What are hibernate annotations?
Answer # Hibernate annotations are the newest way to define mappings without the use of XML file. You can use annotations in addition to or as a replacement of XML mapping metadata. Hibernate Annotations is the powerful way to provide the metadata for the Object and Relational Table mapping.