What is the name of Jehovah for protection?
According to Exodus 17:13–16 in the Bible, Jehovah-nissi (Hebrew: יְהוָה נִסִּי Yahweh nissî) is the name given by Moses to the altar which he built to celebrate the defeat of the Amalekites at Rephidim.
What are the 9 names of God?
9 mighty names of God and how their meanings are relevant for us…
- Yahweh. Meaning: “The Lord”, “God”
- Adonai. Meaning: “Lord God”, “Master”
- Elohim. Meaning: Father God / God the Creator.
- Abba. Meaning: “Father”
- Jehovah Jireh. Meaning: “The Lord will provide”
- Jehovah Rapha.
- Jehovah Nissi.
- Jehovah Shalom.
What name of God means shield?
The Bible says Jehovah is a shield to those who walk uprightly (Proverbs 2:7), trust him (2 Samuel 22:31), and fear him (Psalm 115:11).
What is a biblical name for protector?
Avigdor is a Hebrew name that means ‘protector or father’. The name Avigdor actually appears in the Bible in reference to Moses.
What are the seven powers of God?
The sevenfold ministry of the Spirit Including the Spirit of the Lord, and the Spirits of wisdom, of understanding, of counsel, of might, of knowledge and of fear of the LORD, here are represented the seven Spirits, which are before the throne of God.
What are the 12 names of Jehovah in the Bible?
12 Jehovah Names of Our God and Savior. 1. Jehovah Jireh – The Lord Our Provider – Gen. 22:14 2. Jehovah Rapha – The Lord Our Healer – Exodus 15:26 3. Jehovah Nissi – The Lord Our Banner – Exodus 17:15 4. Jehovah Rohi – The Lord Our Shepherd – Psa. 23:1 5.
Is Jehovah our protector and friend?
(2) Jehovah is our Protector. (3) And God is our best Friend. As we consider these points, it will be helpful to meditate on our relationship with God and discern how we can honor him as our Father. It will also be beneficial to reflect on the blessings Jehovah holds out to those who draw close to him. — Jas. 4:8.
What are the different types of Jehovah’s Witnesses?
1. Jehovah Jireh – The Lord Our Provider – Gen. 22:14 2. Jehovah Rapha – The Lord Our Healer – Exodus 15:26 3. Jehovah Nissi – The Lord Our Banner – Exodus 17:15 4. Jehovah Rohi – The Lord Our Shepherd – Psa. 23:1 5. Jehovah Shalom – The Lord Our Peace – Judges 6:24 6. Jehovah Shammah – The Lord Our Presence – Ezekiel 48:35 7.
Does Jehovah God provide escape from our enemies?
( Ps. 91:14) Yes, Jehovah God lovingly provides escape from our enemies and protects us as his people, so that we are not wiped out. 5 To enhance our appreciation for our heavenly Father, let us consider three important factors: (1) Our Father is our Provider.