What is the most interesting facts about space?
- Space is completely silent.
- The hottest planet in our solar system is 450° C.
- There may be life on Mars.
- Nobody knows how many stars are in space.
- Halleys Comet won’t orbit past Earth again until 2061.
- A full NASA space suit costs $12,000,000.
- Neutron stars can spin 600 times per second.
What are 5 facts about space travel?
Fun Facts about Space Travel for Kids
- One space shuttle launch costs $450 million.
- The German V2 was the first rocket to reach space in 1942.
- In 1947, fruit flies were launched into space. Scientists wanted to see how they reacted to space travel. Later, in 1949, Albert II, a Rhesus monkey went to space.
What is in deep space?
Outer space is not completely empty—it is a hard vacuum containing a low density of particles, predominantly a plasma of hydrogen and helium, as well as electromagnetic radiation, magnetic fields, neutrinos, dust, and cosmic rays. Outer space does not begin at a definite altitude above the Earth’s surface.
What are some absurd facts?
14 Absurd Facts That’ll Knock You Off Your Feet
- Hummingbird eggs are about the size of navy beans.
- Sneezes travel 100 miles per hour and send 100,000 germs into the air.
- Flamingos bend their legs at the ankle, not the knee.
- Your toilet is 7 times cleaner than your phone.
- Dolphins call each other by names.
Do your balls float in space?
Chiao: Correct. They’re globules that are floating and you’re floating. MH: And you can’t just grab a globule, because it won’t come with you. It’ll just break off into smaller globules.
What are some mind-blowing facts about space?
Mercury&Venus are the only 2 planets in our solar system that have no moons.
What are some amazing facts about the universe?
As space facts go, this is pretty impressive. Research by Yale University scientists suggests that a rocky planet called 55 Cancri e — which has a radius twice Earth’s, and a mass eight times greater – may have a surface made up of graphite and diamond.
What are some cool space facts?
Cool Space Facts. A collection of cool facts about the Sun and all the planets in our solar system (sorry Pluto). The Sun makes up 99.86% of the Solar System’s mass. Mercury is named after the Roman messenger to the Gods. Venus spins in the opposite direction to most planets. The Earth is 149,598,262 km from the Sun.
What are some interesting things about space?
On-board the International Space Station , water floats like bubbles or spheres. However the water will cling to a surface until it is dislodged. This means that tears start to form bubbles around your eyes as the weightless environment is not causing your tears to fall. This sounds really cool but it can be dangerous.