What is fax explain in brief?
A fax (short for facsimile and sometimes called telecopying) is the telephonic transmission of scanned-in printed material (text or images), usually to a telephone number associated with a printer or other output device. The receiving fax machine reconverts the coded image and prints a paper copy of the document.
How do you fax a letter?
Sending a Fax with a Fax Machine
- Place the document you want to send in the document feeder.
- Enter the fax number you want to send to, including and extensions to dial externally, and any international dialing codes.
- Press Send or Go (depending on your fax machine model)
What is fax and example?
An electronic document that is scanned by a machine and sent electronically to another machine where it is printed out is an example of a fax. noun.
What are the uses of fax?
Fax machine is used in communication; to make sending and receiving documents easy. Fax machines are used in Sales Tactics; to increase prospects and make more sales using fax broadcasting. Fax machine is also used as a photocopier. Some Fax Machines have an option of printing documents.
What is your fax?
Your fax number is the number of the phone line connected to the fax. You can also use the fax to dial a phone with caller ID (such as a mobile phone) and see what number appears on the caller id. The number that appears is the fax number the fax is using at the moment.
Why is it called fax?
The word fax is short for facsimile. A fax is the “telephonic transmission of scanned printed material, normally to a telephone number connected to a printer or other output device.” While the first commercial use of the fax machine occurred in 1865, the inception of a fax service took place almost 20 years earlier.
How can I fax from home?
How to send fax from computer?
- Login to your FAX.
- Go to the Send Fax section.
- In the To field, enter the recipient’s fax number(s)
- Click on the Add File button to attach the documents you wish to fax from computer.
- Click on the Send button and your fax will be transmitted immediately.
What do fax numbers look like?
All fax numbers look exactly the same as phone numbers. The only difference between the two is that a phone number has a regular telephone attached to it, and a fax number has a fax machine attached to it. Fax machines can also have regular telephones on them, and some numbers double as both phone and fax numbers.
How do I fax a document?
How to Fax From a Printer
- Open the document you want to fax.
- Hit Ctrl + P on your keyboard or select Print under the File drop down menu.
- Select Fax as the print driver.
- Enter the recipient’s fax number in the provided fields.
- Press Send.
What is fax and its advantages?
Fax is the short form of Facsimile. Advantages of fax are following: Speedy Transmission: Fax enables transmission of message, data, diagram, sketches and drawing with exceptionally high speed. Accuracy of Information: It helps to send written information to any place within or outside the country accurately.
Do I have a fax number?
Determining Your Own Fax Number. Call 1-800-444-4444 for an easy way to find out your fax number. Your fax number is connected to a phone line, and the number associated with the phone line is your fax number.
How do I fax something?