What goes good with blue cheese?
Blue cheese pairs beautifully with honey, dried fruit, apple or pear slices, figs and walnuts. For something special try serving blue cheese with my Cranberry and dried cherry sauce. Serve with champagne and other sparkling wines, big reds, port, sherry, ice wines or other dessert wines.
What can I do with fresh blue cheese?
5 Ways to Use Blue Cheese
- Melt on Top of a Burger: One of the most common and delicious ways to enjoy blue cheese is to crumble and melt it on top of a burger.
- Make a Dip: Another easy way to use blue cheese is it turn it into a cheesy dip!
How do you spice up a green salad?
6 Ways To Spice Up Salads
- Add Something Sweet. Freshly sliced or grilled fruit is sure to spice up the standard salad.
- Play With The Texture. Creamy or crunchy, both textures can take your salad to the next level.
- Embrace Variety.
- Add A Red.
- Supplement A Whole Grain Yellow.
- Add “Fries”
What do you eat with blue cheese dressing?
What to serve this with
- Wedge Salad.
- Buffalo Wings.
- Baked Chicken Wings.
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza.
Can I Melt blue cheese?
Since it has such a soft texture, blue cheese melts quickly and completely, especially when served over hot pasta. All blue cheeses have a bold, salty flavor.
What fruit goes well with blue cheese?
Blue Cheese goes well with red or sparkling wine. It also pairs well with dried fruits such as apricots or raisins, fresh figs and pears. I like to pair blue cheeses with whole grain crackers and almonds as well.
Can you freeze blue cheese?
Hard and semi-hard cheeses like cheddar, Swiss, brick cheese, and blue cheese can be frozen, but their texture will often become crumbly and mealy. Some semi-soft cheeses like Stilton or soft goat cheese are well suited to freezing, too (10). Plus, cream cheese can be frozen but may separate upon thawing.
How do you make a salad not to be boring?
The Beginner’s Guide to Making Salads Less Boring
- Step 1: Pick your base – greens or grains.
- Step 2: Spice things up by adding in some fresh herbs or microgreens.
- Step 3: Load up on veggies.
- Step 4: Add fruit to your salad for a pop of flavor.
- Step 5: Add more protein (or not)
What can I put on my salad Besides dressing?
What to put on your salad instead of dressing
- The first step in avoiding slathering your otherwise healthy salad with calories is to reconsider your salad dressing.
- Splash of citrus.
- Oil and vinegar.
What meat goes well with blue cheese?
Blue Cheese goes well with red or sparkling wine. It also pairs well with dried fruits such as apricots or raisins, fresh figs and pears. I like to pair blue cheeses with whole grain crackers and almonds as well. If you’re looking to pair it with meat, it goes best with beef, preferably steak.
Is it OK to microwave blue cheese?
Blue cheeses are known for their rough and gritty texture. Gorgonzola, Roquefort, The texture, fat content, and moisture levels of your cheese will ultimately play a role when you decide to put them in the microwave.
Can you eat warm blue cheese?
Actually, it can. The mold of the surface is created by edible mold (Penicillium) culture, so it’s safe to eat. But if other bacteria will be able to develop in the cheese, it will go bad and the only thing you would be able to do is to discard it.