What does cute mean in British?
appealing or attractive
cute in British English (kjuːt ) adjective. appealing or attractive, esp in a pretty way. mainly US informal. sexually attractive.
Is cute a derogatory word?
In this instance, it does not sound “ kind of condescending “ but IS condescending. However, in most instances, cute means something like “adorable.” It might be insulting to call anyone over the age of 15 “cute”, but if you’re on the small side, then people may tend to use the “cute” word.
What should I say instead of cute?
- endearing, adorable, lovable, sweet, lovely, appealing, engaging, delightful, dear, darling, winning, winsome, charming, enchanting.
- attractive, pretty, as pretty as a picture.
- Scottish, Northern English bonny.
- informal cutesy, dinky, twee, pretty-pretty, adorbs.
Is being called cute a compliment?
Cute is just another flattering compliment used to describe someone’s allure and charm. “For anyone selecting what words they want to use, cute is a good starter because it doesn’t have to have a sexual tone, so there’s a little bit less pressure to call someone cute if you’re nervous.”
What is a cute woman?
Cute: A girl who is lovely and dreamy and cuddly and shy and beautiful and awwww *drools* Sexy: Supposed to mean sexually attractive, however recently it has become a word of ambiguous meaning that morons use when unable to think of a better adjective for something they like.
Is Sweet the same as cute?
‘cute’ can also be a description of of how someone does something that may be mildly humorous or nice or even quaint in a diminutive way. In that definition it is closest to ‘sweet’. ‘sweet’ is used similar to cute when it is used to describe how nice a person thinks someone else is.
Is cute the same as hot?
1. Hot and cute are both slang words used to describe someone’s appearance and/or personality traits. Cute people are wholesome and moderately attractive while hot people look amazing and often have loose morals.
Why do people call me cute?
If someone says you are cute they are saying you are attractive. If someone says you are hot they are saying you are attractive.