What are the four types of VPN?
Types of Virtual Private Network (VPN) Protocols:
- Internet Protocol Security (IPSec): Internet Protocol Security, known as IPSec, is used to secure Internet communication across an IP network.
- Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP):
- Point–to–Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP):
- SSL and TLS:
- Secure Shell (SSH):
What are different types of VPN?
5 Common VPN Protocols
- PPTP. Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol is one of the oldest VPN protocols in existence.
- L2TP/IPSec. Layer 2 Tunnel Protocol is a replacement of the PPTP VPN protocol.
- OpenVPN. OpenVPN is an open source protocol that allows developers access to its underlying code.
What is my PPTP?
Stands for “Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol.” PPTP is a networking standard for connecting to virtual private networks, or VPNs. It allows one point (the user’s computer) to access another specific point (a remote network) over the Internet. …
Which authentication protocols are available under PPTP?
To provide user authentication, PPTP uses one of several PPP-based authentication protocols, including Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), Microsoft Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (MSCHAP) version 1 and version 2, Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP), Shiva Password Authentication …
How do I know my VPN type?
When you first set up a VPN connection by opening the Network preference, clicking the plus (+) button near the bottom-left corner of the window, choosing VPN from the Interface pop-up menu, and selecting the kind of protocol you’ll use from the VPN Type menu, the Service Name field will display the protocol in …
What are the two main types of VPNs?
There are two basic VPN types which are explained below.
- Remote Access VPN. Remote access VPN allows a user to connect to a private network and access its services and resources remotely.
- Site – to – Site VPN. A Site-to-Site VPN is also called as Router-to-Router VPN and is mostly used in the corporates.
How do I create a PPTP?
Step 1. Set up PPTP VPN Server on Your Router
- Log in to the web-based interface of the router.
- Go to Advanced > VPN Server > PPTP VPN, and select Enable VPN Server.
- In the Client IP Address filed, enter the range of IP addresses (up to 10) that can be leased to the devices by the PPTP VPN server.
What are the classification of services?
1) Classification of service based on tangible action. Wherever people or products are involved directly, the service classification can be done based on tangibility. a) Services for people – Like Health care, restaurants and saloons, where the service is delivered by people to people.
How do you classify service marketing?
Thus classification of service marketing can also be done on following basis: 1 Classification by Industry; 2 Classification by target market effect; 3 Skill level of service provider (both professional & nonprofessional); 4 Labour intensity (people – based/ equipment-based); 5 Degree of customer contact.
What is tangibility in service classification?
Wherever people or products are involved directly, the service classification can be done based on tangibility. a) Services for people – Like Health care, restaurants and saloons, where the service is delivered by people to people.
What are the characteristics of services?
1. CHARACTERISTICS & CLASSIFICATION OF SERVICES. 2. SERVICE DEFINITION “ A service is an act of performance that one party can offer to another that is essentially intangible and does not result in the ownership of anything. Its production may or may not be tied to a physical product.” – Philip Kotler.