How to display author list in WordPress?
If you want to display the authors list in your sidebar or another widget area, then you need to use the widget method. Go to Appearance » Widgets and drag-drop the AuthorAvatars widget to your sidebar. This widget comes with various options that allows you to customize your list in the way you want.
How do I use authors list plugins?
- WordPress Plugins Directory: Navigate to Plugins → Add New in the WordPress admin and search “Authors List”. Click Install and then Activate.
- Zip Upload: Navigate to Plugins → Add New → Upload Plugin in the WordPress admin.
- Manual FTP Upload: Upload the plugin folder to /wp-content/plugins/ .
How to show list in WordPress?
Complete Control Over the List of Posts in a Page in WordPress
- In the “Search plugins…” box, enter “Display Posts.”
- Once you have located the plugin, click the “Install Now” button.
- When the plugin has been installed, click the “Activate” button.
- Configuring the Display Posts Plugin.
What can authors do on WordPress?
Author. An Author can create, edit, publish, and delete only their own posts, as well as upload files and images. Authors do not have access to create, modify, or delete pages, nor can they modify posts by other users. Authors can edit comments made on their posts.
How do I create an author in WordPress?
Click on the word “Users.” First, you should add any people from the WordPress community who you would like to be authors on your blog. Find the words “Add User from Community” at the bottom of the page. Enter the email address of your author in the text box. Select “Author” in the “Role” drop down menu.
How do I change the author URL in WordPress?
Simply head over to the Settings » Edit Author Slug page. Here you will see an option to change the author base and even choose different author base for users with different user roles. Once you are finished, click on the save changes button to store your settings.
How do I display a list of posts by category on any page in WordPress?
First, you need to edit the post or page where you want to display the recent posts by category. On the post edit screen, click on the add new block button (+) and then look for the ‘latest posts’ block. You will see the block appear in the content area with a preview of your recent posts.
Can authors edit pages in WordPress?
By default, WordPress’ Author role doesn’t allow users set as authors to edit Pages, even though you can assign an author as the Author of a Page. He is the primary Administrator for the business’ WordPress site.
What is the difference between author and contributor on WordPress?
Authors can only publish and manage their own posts. Contributors can create and edit their own posts but cannot publish them.
How do I bulk edit authors in WordPress?
Changing the Author for Posts in Bulk
- Click “Posts” and then “All Posts”
- Select the posts you want to change (or hit “Title” to select them all)
- Click the “Bulk Actions” dropdown menu and select “Edit,” then hit “Apply”
- A window will open with several options, including the author dropdown.