How do you use delighted in a sentence?
Delighted sentence example
- She laughed in a delighted way.
- The little girls were delighted to see the lovely shells.
- Everybody was delighted with Helen.
- He looked up at the opening door and his expression of sleepy indifference suddenly changed to one of delighted amazement.
What does delighted by mean?
to please someone with something; to please someone by doing something. (See also delight someone with something.) You delighted me by agreeing to join us. I was delighted by your proposal. See also: by, delight.
What does delightful mean in a sentence?
: highly pleasing a delightful surprise enjoyed a delightful brunch.
What is the example of delight?
To delight is defined as to cause someone to feel great happiness or to feel great happiness or joy. An example of delight is a baby who says her first words and brings her parents great joy with those words. An example of delight is a person who really enjoys painting.
What is the similar meaning of delighted?
very pleased, glad, happy, joyful, thrilled, overjoyed, ecstatic, euphoric, elated, blissful, enraptured, on cloud nine, on cloud seven, walking on air, in seventh heaven, in transports of delight, jumping for joy, beside oneself with happiness, excited.
How do you use prospect in a sentence?
Prospect sentence example
- There was a prospect of conviction.
- Just the prospect frightens me to death.
- He sat back for a moment, heart pounding at the prospect of what he was about to do.
- He is definitely an exciting prospect for the new season.
- He couldn’t help feeling thrilled at the prospect of Damian’s son.
What is the sentence of gazed?
She gazed up into his smooth features. Dulce gazed into space. Leaning back, she gazed solemnly up into his eyes. The woman gazed up at him with tear-filled eyes and shook her head.
Does delight mean happy?
To delight is defined as to cause someone to feel great happiness or to feel great happiness or joy. Delight is defined as a feeling of great happiness or it is something that causes happiness or joy.
What does quite delightful mean?
If you say that someone or something is delightful, you mean that they are very pleasant and attractive.
What does delight feel like?
Delight is defined as a feeling of great happiness or it is something that causes happiness or joy. An example of delight is what you feel when you’ve just won the lottery. An example of delight is your favorite quaint little restaurant. To please greatly.