How do you set a project base point in Revit?
To select the project base point, move the cursor over the symbol and look at the tooltip or the status bar. If it says Site: Survey Point, press Tab until it says Site: Project Base Point. Click to select the project base point. Drag the project base point to the desired location.
How do you find coordinates in Revit?
- Open the host model.
- Link the file from which you want to acquire coordinates. The link can be topography, a DWG or DWF file, or a Revit model.
- Click Manage tab Project Location panel Coordinates drop-down (Acquire Coordinates).
- Place the cursor on a link, and click.
How do I clip a project base point?
To move the project base point:
- In the site plan view or another view that displays the project base point, select it.
- Click the clip to change its state to clipped or unclipped, depending on how you want to move the project base point.
- Drag the project base point to the desired location.
What is base point in Revit?
The project base point can be used to establish a reference for measuring distances and positioning objects in relation to the model. Initially, in stock templates, it identifies the origin (0,0,0) of the project coordinate system. Use the project base point as a reference point for measurements across the site.
How do you find coordinates?
To identify the x-coordinate of a point on a graph, read the number on the x-axis directly above or below the point. To identify the y-coordinate of a point, read the number on the y-axis directly to the left or right of the point. Remember, to write the ordered pair using the correct order (x,y) .
How do you move a project base point in Revit without moving a building?
Select the project base point and unclip it. Right-click the project base point, and click Move to Startup Location.
How do I move origin points in Revit?
To establish the project coordinate system, move the project base point away from the internal origin to another location, such as the corner of a building. If you later want to return the project base point to the internal origin, unclip the project base point, right-click it, and click Move to Startup Location.
What is a project base point?
What is a coordinate point?
In mathematics, coordinates are a set of numbers that specify the position of a point in a coordinate system. A number line is a 1D (one dimensional) coordinate system. A real number that matches the location of a point along a number line is called a coordinate of the point.
How do you find the coordinates of a point on a line?
To find points on the line y = mx + b,
- choose x and solve the equation for y, or.
- choose y and solve for x.