How do I resize a redo log in Oracle?
How to resize redolog file in oracle
- Step 1 : Check the Status of Redo Logfile.
- Step 2 : Forcing a Checkpoint :
- Step 3 : Drop Redo Log File :
- Step 4 : Create new redo log file.
- Step 5 : Now drop the remaining two old redo log file.
- Step 6 : Create the redo log file.
How do I resize a standby redo log?
Following are the steps to drop and create new standby database:
- Check Primary Redo Thread Number and size.
- Check Standby Thread number and Size for Standby redo logs.
- Stop the data-guard recovery process in Standby database:
- Drop the existing Standby redo files:
- Create new Standby logfile with THREAD Clauses.
How do I resize a redo log in Oracle 12c RAC?
How to Resizing Oracle Redo Log Groups in RAC. Resizing Oracle’s redo log groups is performed in 2 Steps. Step1> Add new the redo log groups with expected size. Step2> Drop the old redo log groups.
What size should redo log be?
The minimum size permitted for a redo log file is 4 MB. See Also: Your operating system–specific Oracle documentation. The default size of redo log files is operating system dependent.
How do you add increase the size of redo log files in RAC environment?
alter database add logfile instance ‘ORCL_2’ group 5 ‘+DATA’ size 500m; alter database add logfile instance ‘ORCL_2’ group 6 ‘+DATA’ size 500m; 5. Check the status and size increased to 500MB.
How do I create a redo log group in Oracle 11g RAC?
Steps to add redo log groups to Oracle RAC setup. SQL> ALTER DATABASE ADD LOGFILE THREAD 1 GROUP 5 (‘+REDO/proddb/redo05. log’) SIZE 100m, GROUP 6 (‘+REDO/proddb/redo06. log’) SIZE 100m; Database altered. SQL> SQL> ALTER DATABASE ADD LOGFILE THREAD 2 GROUP 7 (‘+REDO/proddb/redo07.
What is Oracle redo size?
How to change the size of redo logs?
1. Check Current Redo Logs They are all 50MB. 2. Add 3 Groups with New Size (1GB) Database altered. 6 rows selected. 3. Switch Logfile to New Groups Make some redo log switching until you see Log Writer Process (LGWR) is working on the new redo. System altered. System altered. 6 rows selected.
What are Oracle redo logs?
Redo logs are the most crucial part of the Oracle database. As a part of tuning, you must check the redo log size and switch frequency. For proper functioning of the Oracle database you must avoid frequent log switches. Oracle redo logs consists of two or more pre-allocated files which record all changes made to the database.
What should be the frequency of redo log switch?
Ideally redo log switch frequency should be 4-5 log switches per hour. If there is frequent log switches then check the size of redo logs and increase accordingly. V$LOG_HISTORY is used to check history of redo log generation in Oracle. V$LOGFILE is used to check the file name and location of redo logs.
How to check frequent log switches per hour in Oracle?
Summary: 1 There should not be frequent log switches per hour. 2 If there is frequent log switches then check the size of redo logs and increase accordingly. 3 V$LOG_HISTORY is used to check history of redo log generation in Oracle. 4 V$LOGFILE is used to check the file name and location of redo logs.