How do I make File Explorer open on this computer?
By default, File Explorer opens to Quick Access. If you’d rather have File Explorer open to This PC, go to the View tab and then select Options. In the Open File Explorer to list, select This PC, and then select Apply.
Where is this PC in File Explorer?
If you want This PC to show up in your Start menu, open File Explorer, right-click (or press and hold) This PC in the left pane, and then select Pin to Start. Now, there’s a This PC tile on the Start menu.
What can I use instead of file explorer?
Here are the seven best Windows File Explorer replacements.
- XYplorer. XYplorer is one of the best Windows Explorer alternatives.
- Directory Opus. If XYplorer doesn’t meet your requirements, check out Directory Opus instead.
- Free Commander.
- Altap Salamander.
- Total Commander.
How do I put this PC on desktop?
To add icons to your desktop such as This PC, Recycle Bin and more:
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Personalization > Themes.
- Under Themes > Related Settings, select Desktop icon settings.
- Choose the icons you would like to have on your desktop, then select Apply and OK.
How do I open this PC?
Click on the dropdown menu for Open File Explorer, you will get two options to select from. Select This PC and click OK. Now press Ctrl+E, you will see that now the This PC window pops up.
What is the best file explorer for PC?
- Total Commander. The best file manager. TODAY’S BEST DEALS.
- Directory Opus. The best file manager for power users. TODAY’S BEST DEALS.
- Xplorer² Another premium file manager, but with horizontal panels.
- Q-Dir. Four panes are better than one for this file manager.
- Clover. A web browser-style File Explorer, with tabs and bookmarks.
How do I put this PC on desktop in Windows 10?
Here’s how to restore the My Computer icon to the desktop:
- 1) Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize.
- 2) Click Themes.
- 3) Click “Go to desktop icon settings.”
- 4) Check the box next to Computer.
- 5) Click Apply.
- 6) Click OK.
- 7) Right-click on This PC.
- 8) Select Rename.
How do I put this PC on desktop Windows 10?
Add This PC to Desktop in Windows 10
- Right-click on the Desktop and select Personalize option in the contextual menu.
- On Personalization screen, select Themes in the left-pane.
- On the next screen, check the little box next to Computer and click on Apply and OK to save this setting on your computer.
How do I put this PC on Windows 10?
Enable This PC shortcut:
- Right-click the desktop and click Personalize.
- In Personalization, find and select Themes.
- In themes, find and click Desktop icon.
- A window will appear with Desktop icon settings.
- Find and select Computer under Desktop Icons.
- Apply changes and press OK.
What is the shortcut key to open this PC?
Simply press the Windows+E key combination! If you prefer the old-style way of opening it by clicking on “This PC” icon, you certainly can as long as the “This PC” icon is visible on the Desktop.
How do I Open Windows Explorer on my PC?
Use the Windows key + E to open File Explorer. If you don’t see the ribbon menu, click the arrow in the top-right corner of the window to expand the menu. Open View and click Options. In Folder Options, use the dropdown menu (Open File Explorer to) and select This PC.
Why is my explorer not working in Windows 10?
If your Windows 10 file explorer is not responding, it may be caused by corrupted files on your drive. And many users said that they fixed file explorer not responding issue by System File Checker scan. You might try and see if it works for you too. Step 1.
How to open Windows Explorer?
To open Internet Explorer,select Start,and enter Internet Explorer in Search . Select Internet Explorer (Desktop app) from the results.
How do you open Windows Explorer window?
1 Right-click the “Start” menu and click “Open Windows Explorer.”. Press the “Windows” and “E” keys on the keyboard and Windows Explorer opens for you to browse your hard drive’s contents. Click the “Start” menu and type “explorer” in the instant search box.