How do I get my desktop icons back on Windows 7?
Show Hidden Desktop Icons in Windows 7
- Right-click on the blank desktop screen.
- Click on the View options, then click on “Show desktop icons”.
- The desktop icons and folders are back.
How do I keep my desktop icons from disappearing Windows 7?
Method 2: Disable the System Maintenance troubleshooter
- Click Start. , and then click Control Panel.
- Under System and Security, click Find and fix problems.
- On the left navigation pane, click Change settings.
- Set Computer Maintenance to Off.
Why my icons on the desktop all disappeared?
It’s possible that your desktop icon visibility settings were toggled off, which caused them to disappear. Make sure that “Show desktop icons” is ticked. If it isn’t, simply click on it once to ensure it wasn’t causing issues with displaying your desktop icons. You should immediately see your icons reappear.
How do I get my desktop icons back on Windows?
How to restore the old Windows desktop icons
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Themes.
- Click the Desktop icons settings link.
- Check each icon you want to see on the desktop, including Computer (This PC), User’s Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Why can t I see my desktop icons in Windows 7?
Solution 1 – Enable “Show Desktop Icons” option Then click on “View” and then go to “show Desktop Icons” and click on it to make it checked. Your desktop icons will start appearing again.
How do I get the hidden icons back on my desktop?
To hide or unhide all your desktop icons, right-click on your desktop, point to “View,” and click “Show Desktop Icons.” This option works on Windows 10, 8, 7, and even XP. This option toggles desktop icons on and off. That’s it!