How do I fix my iPhone 4s no sound?
Go to Settings > Sounds (or Settings > Sounds & Haptics), and drag the Ringer and Alerts slider back and forth a few times. If you don’t hear any sound, or if your speaker button on the Ringer and Alerts slider is dimmed, your speaker might need service. Contact Apple Support for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
How do I change the audio output on my iPhone?
- Step 1: Open the Control Center on the iPhone or iPad. Depending on the device, you can access the Control Center by either:
- Step 2: Open the Audio Output Menu. From the Control Center, tap the Audio Tower icon in the top right corner.
- Step 3: Confirm or Change the Audio Output.
What does dock connector mean on iPhone?
Filters. The plug and socket that provides data transfer between an iPhone, iPad or iPod and a computer or sound system. The Apple device contains the socket, and the cable or docking station has the plug.
Why is there no sound on my phone?
You might have the sound muted or turned down low in the app. Check the media volume. If you still don’t hear anything, verify that the media volume isn’t turned down or off: Navigate to Settings.
How do I connect my iPhone to my dock connector?
- Plug your Digital AV or VGA adapter into the charging port on the bottom of your iOS device.
- Connect an HDMI or VGA cable to your adapter.
- Connect the other end of your HDMI or VGA cable to your secondary display (TV, monitor, or projector).
- Turn on your secondary display.
Where is audio setting on iPhone?
Adjust the audio settings on iPhone
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual.
- Adjust any of the following: Mono Audio: Turn on to combine the left and right channels to play the same content. Balance: Drag the Left Right Stereo Balance slider.
How do I change the USB settings on my iPhone?
Just go to Settings —> Face ID (or Touch ID) & Passcode —> USB Accessories. Toggle this option to on (green) and your accessories will function the exact same way they did before iOS 11.4.
Does iPhone 4S have Lightning connector?
Apple’s proprietary 30-pin connector was common to most Apple mobile devices (iPhone (1st generation, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S), 1st through 4th generation iPod Touch, iPad, iPad 2, and iPad 3rd gen) from its introduction with the 3rd generation iPod classic in 2003 until the Lightning connector was released in late 2012.
How do you clean a dock connector?
- You can clean your iPhone’s charging port — carefully — with some compressed air and a toothpick.
- Don’t use anything made of metal to clean the port of your phone – a toothpick is the right size, shape, and hardness for the job.
How do I fix the ‘dock Connect’ message on my speaker?
The safest solution to this is use a common vacuumcleaner and suck the connector port for about a minute. The sucking of air dries the inside, resolves the short-circuit and restores sound. The ‘dock connect’ message will disappear, the day is saved.
Does your iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S have sound problems?
If you’ve got an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S that’s having some issues with sound, you probably aren’t alone. Issues could range from system sounds working but your iPhone not actually ringing or system sounds not working unless plugged into the headphone jack.
Why won’t my iPad connect to dock?
It seems there is a tiny bit of moisture building up near the connector in the iPad, which short-circuits the connector port and makes the iPad think it’s conected to a dock. You don’t have to submerge your iPad for this.
How long does it take to replace the dock connector?
Depending on whether you have an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S, you can check out our guides and replace the dock connector on the device on your own. It’ll cost you a lot less than a brand new iPhone and will only take about 30 minutes. The best part is, you should have sound again.