How do I fix code P0491?
What repairs can fix the P0491 code?
- Replacing any damaged wiring, connectors, or other electrical components.
- Replacing the secondary air injection pump.
- Replacing the pump’s one-way check valve.
- Repairing or replacing any damaged vacuum hoses or fittings which could be causing a vacuum leak.
- Replacing pump fuses.
What does Code P0491 mean?
Secondary Air Injection Insufficient Flow Bank 1
Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0491 stands for “Secondary Air Injection Insufficient Flow Bank 1.” It is logged once the vehicle’s powertrain control module (PCM) perceives that there is a possible issue within the SAI system. This system is also commonly called AIR, which means air-injection reaction.
What is code P2440 mean?
The P2440 diagnostic trouble code is an indication that the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) has detected that the switching valve of the secondary air injection system is stuck open on Bank 2.
How do I fix code P2440?
What repairs can fix the P2440 code?
- Replace faulty air injection valve.
- Replace faulty one-way check valve.
- Replace faulty air injection pump.
- Replace faulty pressure sensor.
- Repair or replace frayed, broken, or shorted pressure sensor wiring.
- Repair or replace damaged or corroded pressure sensor connector.
Can I drive with P2440?
When the P2440 diagnostic trouble code is stored by the PCM the vehicle may stall out or hesitate during operation, and driving under these conditions is dangerous. For this reason, the P2440 trouble code is considered serious and should diagnosed and repaired as soon as possible.
What causes P2440?
Error Code P2440 is defined as Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Open Bank 1. This indicates a stuck open problem in the switching valve of the secondary air injection system in Bank 1.