How do I bypass Windows automatic login?
To bypass the automatic logon so that user can select another user account to log on as a different user, hold down the SHIFT key after logging off or after Windows restarts.
How do I set my computer to sign in automatically?
Right click on Start and select Run, type NetPLWiz and then press Enter key. In the resulting User Accounts dialog, select your user account first and then uncheck the option labelled Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Click Apply button to see Automatically sign in box.
How do I stop Windows XP from asking for a password?
Disabling startup login prompt for password
- Click Start, and then Run.
- Type Control Userpasswords2 and press Enter .
- Uncheck the box next to for Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
- Click Apply, and then Ok.
How do you login as Administrator on Windows XP?
- Open the Control Panel.
- Double-click the User Accounts option.
- Click the user account name you want to change to an administrator.
- Click the Change the account type option.
- Select the Computer administrator option, then click the Change Account Type button.
How do I log off my computer after inactivity?
Step 1: Right click on the desktop, and select Personalize option. Step 2: From the left side panel click on Lock Screen and select Screen saver settings. Step 3: From the drop down bar under screen saver select an option. Step 4: Check the box On resume, display logon screen, change the number to 5 in the Wait box.
What is auto log?
Autologon enables you to easily configure Windows’ built-in autologon mechanism. Instead of waiting for a user to enter their name and password, Windows uses the credentials you enter with Autologon, which are encrypted in the Registry, to log on the specified user automatically.
How can I remove Windows XP Administrator password?
Go to Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and under ‘pick an account to change’ select the account. Then press “Remove my password”, you now must enter the password to the account. Finally, press “Ok” and you’re done!