How come when I shave my legs I get black spots?
Clogged Pores When the pores on the skin of your legs are clogged, your skin will naturally produce more oil. When you shave and open your pores, the oil is exposed to air and turns black. This then leaves you with tiny black dots all over your legs.
How do you get rid of dark spots on your legs naturally?
In some cases, home remedies may help lighten dark skin on your thighs.
- Coconut oil and lemon juice. Lemons are packed with vitamin C, which may help treat hyperpigmentation.
- Sugar scrub. Sugar can help exfoliate the skin.
- Oatmeal yogurt scrub.
- Baking soda and water paste.
- Aloe vera.
- Potato rub.
Why is my skin dark after I shave?
The aggressive nature of shaving, whether it’s with a razor or an electric shaver, can cause skin discoloration. The rubbing or scraping action of the blades can cause minor cuts to the skin, causing “hyper-pigmentation”, which is the skin’s way of replacing color to the damaged area.
How do I get smooth shave on my legs?
How to Get Silky Smooth Legs Every Time You Shave
- Soak Your Legs. The first step towards getting silk smooth legs is to allow the pores to open up.
- Exfoliate with a Scrub. Next, apply a salt scrub or sugar scrub to your legs.
- Exfoliate Again.
- Apply Liquid BHA.
- Apply Retinol Lotion.
How do you fade dark spots fast?
Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the dark spots before bedtime. Rinse the face in the morning with warm water. Licorice extract: Glabridin in licorice inhibits the activity of melanocytes, therefore helping in skin lightening. Creams containing licorice are available as over-the-counter (OTC) topical products.
Does shaving legs darken skin?
But why does the act of shaving cause the darkening of skin? It turns out that due to the aggressive nature of hair removal again and again in that area, the skin can take on a darker color. When that irritation is repeated continually, it can actually darken your skin.
How do you repair damaged skin from shaving?
Treating razor burn
- Avoid shaving or touching the area. By leaving the skin alone, it gives the area time to heal and can reduce the risk of further inflammation, irritation, or infection.
- Cool compresses.
- Astringent liquids.
- Natural oils.
- Aloe vera.
- Oatmeal bath.
- Baking soda.
- Over-the-counter lotions.
How often should you shave your legs?
In general, we recommend shaving every two to three days if you want a clean shave; three to five days if you want to simply style or trim; and if you want to just let your hair grow, then simply stop shaving. How quickly hair grows also depends on the area of the body.